Beef Cattle Show
The Beef Cattle Shows will be held in the Livestock Arena.
Monday September 2nd, 6:00 pm
Tuesday September 3rd, 6:00 pm
- Junior and Open shows will run concurrently. Any junior (pre-school age through their 18th birthday) from Tennessee is eligible to participate in the Junior Show. The animal must be registered to the Junior in order to participate in the Junior Show for premium money.
- All animals must be registered in their respective breed association and papers checked before the show. Health papers will be checked during registration.
- Entries are due August 15, 2013.
- Tie Fee: $5.00 per head should be included with pre-registration form.
- Bedding (shavings) is provided. No other bedding is allowed.
- Breeds will be shown in the order listed below.
- Any other breed with 15 head of cattle from two or more farms will establish a breed show.
- The Fair Association reserves the right to discontinue breed classes from year to year where the above stated limits are not met.
- All entries must be in place by noon on their respective show day. The animals must remain until after the nightly money drawing.
- Trucks and trailers should park in a designated parking area.
- Premiums will be available on Thursday of the fair. They can be picked up from the office or mailed, if requested.
- Two entries per exhibitor per lot will be awarded premium money.
- Herdsman passes ($5.00 each) or gate admission is required. Monday gate admission is $5.00. Tuesday gate admission is $8.00
- Market Steer show is open to West Tennessee Juniors, Monday September 5th, following the Dyer Co. Market Steer Closed Show - 5:30 pm
- Commercial Heifer show open to West Tennessee Juniors, Tuesday, September 3, at 6:00 pm.
Lot 1 Junior Heifer Calves: born after Jan. 1, 2013
Lot 2 Winter Heifer Calves: Nov. 1 - Dec. 31, 2012
Lot 3 Senior Heifer Calves: Sept. 1 - Oct. 31, 2012
Lot 4 Late Summer Yearlings: July 1 - Aug. 31, 2012
Lot 5 Early Summer Yearlings: May 1 - June 30, 2012
Lot 6 Late Junior Yearlings: Mar. 1 - April 30, 2012
Lot 7 Early Junior Yearlings: Jan. 1 - Feb. 28, 2012
Lot 8 Senior Yearlings: Sept. 1 - Dec. 31, 2011
Lot 9 2 Year Old/ Mature Cow/ Calf Pair
Lot 10 Champion/Reserve Champion Heifer
Bull Classes - Open Show Only
Lot 11 Junior Bull Calves: born after Jan. 1, 2013
Lot 12 Winter Bull Calves: Nov. 1 - Dec. 31, 2012
Lot 13 Senior Bull Calves: Sept. 1 - Oct. 31, 2012
Lot 14 Late Summer Yearling Bulls: July 1 - Aug. 31, 2012
Lot 15 Early Summer Yearling Bulls: May 1 - June 30, 2012
Lot 16 Late Junior Yearling Bulls: Mar. 1 - April 30, 2012
Lot 17 Early Junior Yearling Bulls: Jan. 1 - Feb. 28, 2012
Lot 18 Senior Yearling Bulls: Sept. 1 - Dec. 31, 2011
Lot 19 Late 2 Year Old Bulls: May 1 - Aug. 31, 2011
Lot 20 Early 2 Year Old Bulls: Jan. 1 - Apr. 30, 2011
Lot 21 Champion/Reserve Champion Bull (1st place from Lots 11 - 20 compete)
Grand Champion $75.00, Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion $50.00, Rosette
Bull Classes Grand Champion $50.00, Rosette
Bull Classes Reserve Grand Champion $25.00, Rosette
1st - $25
2nd - $20
3rd - $15
4th - $10
5th-10th - $5
Sandy Baker - (731) 694-2430